Ode to Sugarloaf,
Us Stott's love you.
We can't get enough of your amazing mountain.
We finally had a free weekend, so we ventured up
Boulder Canyon to hike our favorite spot.
kids can't wait to go back up on your mtn. top!
Yesterday, we went up..(no sports yay!)
They were thrilled.
WE had a great time....and I learned something...
or better words: reminded.
( And oh. my. goodness. Will you look at these views?!!
Jake and Mace "chillin'" on top of the world!
Loving the views, the sights, the sounds...)
With no family around, us Stott's venture.
WE have free time and it's ours. We love love being together.
And honestly I have had my moments of nostalgia for Utah,
(oh yes I do!) but when I have afternoons like this with my little family....
I am so happy. I am reminded.
I love being with us 6.
These are simple moments.
One that makes memories.
One that brings us together.
(almost to the top! Look at the mountains around us...breathtaking! )
We find the joy in little things:
like hikes up a mountain, a hawk's nest, throwing rocks over the hills,
and carving our names on our walking sticks.
WE are enjoying our time.
(they call it Little Switzerland...you can see why!)
Our journey to Colorado has been eye opening.
I have learned so much. I have grown so much.
I do miss my dear Utah.... and day's where I wish them back.
But, but I would never give back the time.
Time with just me, my kids, Ry.
Our little family.
WE will be back to Utah one day:
Sunday dinners, family parties, Holidays...we will.
But for now, we are creating our own memories,
forging new traditions, and learning to just love us.
And I am grateful for our moments.
(can you see the fire damage??)
For yesterday's simple reminder.
One I need often.
and
our
adventures.

so thank you SugarLoaf.
Thank u for the sweet reminder.
Ry and I are enjoying our journey.
In . so. many. ways.
To many more.... 
and more, more, more.....
xo!
(Last pic of us in Georgetown. Summer train ride w/ Bageley's..
and then fishing at Clearcreek!
Sooo excited for Spring...we have a list of all the places we want to see!)



5 comments:
The pictures are beautiful! Where is all of your snow? We had a nice warm week last week, like in the 60's but still have snow covered mountains.
I can't wait for Brandon and Emily to have fun adventures with your family!! See ya soon.
Amber- No snow up Boulder canyon....have to venture about an hour West, towards UT to get snow! we have been super dry..no snow or rain in a long time. We are in high 60's now. ( and OH I do miss my Utah mtns..nothing like their beauty. or size. luv them :)
& I can't wait for Bran and EM! we are ecstatic! seriously! New adventures await.... :)
p.s booked sister trip and friend trip! c u soon :)
Spring is here. Get going. It's probably teasing, but I'll take it. The views were awesome on your hike. What a fun place to hike. Do you ever get complainers. We sure did skiing on Saturday. Frustrating but good memories. Our little fams is where it is at!!!
I remember feeling somewhat the same way that you do in that I lived with my family alone in Utah and the rest lived in Cali. I felt then that it was a sweet time for us to bond and have the time to make memories of our own and I still do. I am glad that you and Ry are so happy there with your kids. And the beauty is that you really have possibly the best of both worlds cause your kids already have cousin friends that will last a life time because their moms and dads are all best friends too. It all fits together and it does not matter that you don't live actually close together now. Its where the heart is at.
I am not sure how breivik got on my computer but the preceding message is from Mom
Post a Comment