Thursday, August 25, 2011

26.2.


Check one off my bucket list.


Before my 34th birthday (July 20th),
I wanted to run a marathon.
So on a beautiful, (HOT) Saturday in July, (92 degrees)
I ran my marathon.
My alarm went off at 4:30 am.
Here is how it went:
I started out strong (I tried!), physically and (most importantly) mentally.
I had 2 water bottles and two gel packets..and my ipod with all my fav songs!
I took a drink every 10 min to stay hydrated.
and took a gel packet at mile 12,
All is well...(under 2 hr @13 M)
but by mile 18:
the wall hits.
but.
continue on by sheer will.
I made it tooooo far to stop.
so I continued,
and the pain set in (lungs fine..it's those leg muscles!)
at mile 23.
But by then, determined to finish and
proud
to make it this far.
You just keep putting
one. foot. in. front. of. the. other.
and.....finally....mile 26.2.
A feeling like no other.
One that makes me feel that
I can do just about anything.
And when tough times come,
you can get through it...
tenacity. strength. strong will
(when there is a desire)
Happy 34th bday. :)
Time 4 hrs 13 min.