Tuesday, June 30, 2009

summer craziness and potty training days....

Seriously, I'm exhausted and I need to vent.
Potty training is the worst!
Boys, ugh! stand up or sit? Use the real potty or a baby potty? This time a whole new
approach for Mace: the big potty and sitting! (Usually baby potty)
But sadly today, Mace is 0 pees for 3 on the floor. No big potty for him, nope!
I asked him every 5 min over and over and over and ovvvvver.
He went outside and felt the wind (he's buck with just Diego undies) and
then he yelled to me, "mom, I got to gooooo...."
too late
as peep trickled to a puddle on the sidewalk.
ohhh sigh,
Then I have Jake and Aus fighting over the new lawnmower box.
(remember ours got stolen)
So we bought a new lawnmower and the boys were out in the yard fighting over the box.
I just finished cleaning the 4 bathrooms, did 5 loads of laundry (seriously how do I have sooo much more laundry in the summer!) did the dishes, cleaned the family room and vacuumed the house in it's entirety.
(and I know I will do it all over again in 5 min....)
I'm exhausted.
Summer is tiring.
and you know I love summer but I also need a little mom break. Maybe just hang with the girls
at lunch or shop at the mall for one quiet hour by myself like I did in the winter....
Quiet, peace, no noise.
Meanwhile, I am off to Scout pack meeting and Mace is crying cuz he has peeps on his legs
and Jake is crying cuz his box is ripped and all I hear is my name over and over, "mom, mom, mom, MOM!"
But today was still somewhat lovely because today they had games and prizes at the Secret Pool.
Yes the Secret Pool. ahhhh nice.
Don't know why they hosted a party but they did.
Kids won hats, t-shirts, candy, and prizes. They were in heaven,
and us mom's loved the break cuz the kids were happily entertained.
But guess what?! They had a raffle with a grand prize-
we all put our names in, us mom's 18 and over,
So the girl stood, picked a name and
she announced,
"the winner is......"
Tawny Stott! Wahoo
I cheered, my sis's cheered and I won
a Beach Canopy Cabana, 4 lip glosses, 2 swedish fish bags, and sunscreen for my face.
Not bad eh!
So summertime is the best, but honestly much more demanding on my time.
Mom time.
Kids need me, I need to drive or to cook or to clean or to dress or entertain....
And I am simply exhausted and wish I could just sit down and watch my 5 episodes of the Bachelor (not lovin' Jillian though. and Wes is a jerk!) or
maybe watch Jon and Kate try to reconcile their 10 years of marriage. sad!
I just want to veg and not worry about a thing.
I hope all ya'll mom's can relate to me cuz I need some mama support!
AND I will leave with a few things, well crafty things and I am SO NOT crafty. at all.
While Ry and the kids were away, I shut down the blog, turned off t.v's and just got a few projects done. Things I could never ever do when I am a mother to 4 kids especially on our summer schedule.
So thanks for listening to me rant and vent
I seriously feel so much better. seriously (and yes, I do like that word.)
The boys wall.....I painted their letters to match the stars and papers I picked out. Ry wants no paint yet, so I got creative and put some color up on the wall!
My way.

I am switching their colors to green, yellow and brown.
Ashlyn's wall. We did paint her room PINK b/c she got away with the no paint one year rule b/c she is the only girl. But anyway, I didn't do much but add color to her picture frames. I added color paper to her pics and flowers.


It's not that baby pink in real life...














and I added little flowers too.


Don't really know why I made this pic of Ash, I stayed up real late one night b/c I discovered a basement window O P E N and I was home alone for 4 nights....


I was only a LITTLE (okay a lot) afraid. I barricaded all the doors and looked in every dark closet in the house. (with a knife and cell phone! AND don't tell me you haven't done the same?!)


Then I watched Bride Wars till 2:00 a.m. and made this pic for Ash's room. Like I said, it was great to do something totally out of the ordinary!














Haven't quite finished her blessing dress wall.....looking for a big white star....




In our bedroom I bought window treatments, hallelujah cuz the sun was wakin' us up bright and early. (not quite properly hung..just with tacks so far.....)

And yes we have shutters for the windows, but we have box windows above them. Annoying!

Then I finally started decorating our bathroom with a frame, plant and candlestick. Easy stuff, nothing to fancy. But I enjoy it.


Now off to the kids, we have sleepovers with the cuz's,

here we go again.

But I am lovin' it most of the time... right mom's??

Oh


and please, please


wish me


good luck with


Mace's potty training....

pray


for no more


pee pee puddles


and misses!

straight in the hole!






(yeah right...ha!)

6 comments:

Kimberly W said...

This post made me laugh cause it's SOOOO true!! You have to laugh so you don't cry and scream. Potty training is the worst. Hate it, Hate it, Hate it!!!!! I love summer too, but it really is so much work. The house seems like it's never clean. The minute you pick things up the kids come through and destroy it all again. Good luck with Mace. I'd tell you to give up and try later, but I know you have a deadline for preschool. Love what you've done to the house. You always make everything look so good. I'm sad I couldn't make the pool today, sounds like it was fun. This is a really long comment. BYE!!

The Gooch Family said...

You make me laugh so hard! I am with you on the potty training. My 5 and 3 year old were training at the same time and sitting is best for one - the other prefers to stand. Good luck. It's the pits!

Love the new decor! And I totally hear you about the crazy summer time. If I hear the question, "What can we do?" one more time I'm going to scream! You would thing with all of their cousins visiting from across the US they would be able to find something!

Hang in there! School will start again all too soon!

tawny said...

Kim and Emily-
THANKS for listening to my stories!!! You, as mothers soooo relate to me! T H A N K Y O U~

wish me luck for my second day of training..every 5 min over and over and over and over....! and Kim, I enjoy long comments, yours made me happy!
and EM, 2 kiddos to train, you are my mom hero!! and have fun with the cuz's!

Michele R said...

I am amazed that you were able to do all that house cleaning with the kids around. I can never get a room accomplished unless it is midnight and that is no fun, or unless they are gone from the house, and that is no fun either. These past few years my hubs has been taking them to FL for a week to visit family and instead of partying myself, I am able to deep clean the house (funny that I just posted abuot this). Sad, and boring, I know, but I was thrilled the carpets and every inch of the fridge, etc. got cleaned.
Please comment on how you did the crafty wall thing in the boys' room--was that 12 x 12 scrapbook papers? I have been feeling guilty that I have nothing interesting on their walls; however, they are painted how they wanted (one with med blue on bottom half, light blue on top half, with red stripe all around; the other room has orange walls and blue walls for the FL Gators) so I guess I called it a day after that a few years ago.
My youngest is going into 3rd grade so the potty training is a blur but here is what I do remember: the hubs was involved a lot: he asked them a lot if they had to go, always made them go before their shower, and then when it was absolutely time we commited one weekend to not going anywhere (best not in the summer!) and went thru 20 pairs of underwear but the boys learned.
Sorry so long!

Natalie said...

Just got home and Kade is sleeping. No tubes. He can swim like crazy still. Your blog made my head spin. Summer is crazy. It's as crazy as the holidays or worse.

Somehow you found time to decorate. What's up with that. I don't find time for that ever.

I wish you luck. Preschool would be nice so Mace better get potty trained. Just set him on the toilet ever 30 minutes and pour warm water on his goods. That's what a friend told me. Try it. She said it worked for her boys. Be consistent and don't give up.

Have fun being crazy!!!!

tawny said...

Hi Michelle!

Yes I used 12x12 scrapbook paper. You can go to any craft store pick colors you like and put them up. So cheap! Put up as many as you want for your section of wall. Then I bought the wooden letters plain from a local wood shop and just painted them.(around $3.oo each) I mixed a deep green with a rustic orange/gold to get both colors. Again so cheap and easy. Decorating on a budget for sure!
and my hubby loves every team in Florida (but the gators!) The Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes and Fl State. Not sure that is where your from but sounded like it maybe. I bet your boys room is cute. Any color and deco's help!
Thanks for the advice....I think this wknd will be dad duty for sure..and yes lots and lots of undies!!!