Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Dear Mom,

How did you do it? I mean like really do it??

(Brown fam. Moab trip 2009)

How did you raise 10 kids?


(mom holding baby Jackson 2009)

How did you raise 10 kids and do it like you did?



How did you put your life on hold and completely put your heart into all of us?


(sister St.George trip 2009)

How did you have so much strength and determination to do it every single day?


How did you always have a warm dinner on the table at 6:00 every night?


(sister St. George trip 2008)



How did you have enough T I M E to drive me to swimming every day? Take Troy to basketball games....juggle 8 other kids schedules?? Do all our homework? Clean the house? Cook breakfast? Organize the laundry? or even manage a shower???


(my bday lunch. July 2009)

How did you maintain your strength when you were being pulled a 100 directions?


How did you manage to fulfill all your church callings?


(mom w/ her missionaries. M and D mission presidents. 2006-2009)


How did you take and sit with all 10 kids at church every week without crying? (ha ha..I cried with 3!)


(Brown fam Christmas party at mission home 2008)

How did you always have enough love for all of us?


How did you make me feel as important?


(Official release of mission...welcome home! July 1, 2009)

How did you always have an encouraging word for me when I needed it?

(thanksgiving point gardens summer of 2008)



How did you never have time for yourself but maintain your smiles and good attitude?


(tuachan. me, misty, brookie, and mom)


How did you raise a family that completely loves and supports one another...a bond in life I find hard to find these days.


(2007)


I want to wish you a very happy birthday to a very special mama.

I look up to your optimism, your zest for life and learning.... your mind always full of great ideas and your tenacity that keeps you going every single day.


(m and d. Mission pres. 2007)

I am one lucky girl. to. have. you!

Love you mom....and thank you for your example of what a mother should be.

And it's true, until you are a mom yourself, you will never completely understand the sacrifice a mother makes....nor the love she feels for her children!

NOW I understand.

Happy Birthday!

xo, Tawny


*see you at the secret sister lunch tomorrow (and maybe today too!..)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

your mom's a lucky lady to have a wonderful daughter like you :) I stumbled on your blog through your sis's

http://dietcolagirl.blogspot.com

brie said...

what a great tribute to mom, Tawn. i love you and her!!

xoxo

Natalie said...

That's so sweet of you. No wonder you are such a great mama. You had an awesome example!!!!

Brooke said...

Oh, mom what would I (and all of us) do without you! I wouldn't have made it through the last while without your calls everyday and your unconditional support. You are amazing :) And the even more amazing part is when I hear that you are supporting every child the same way you are me. Where do you find the time and the energy for this! Wow. Love you. You deserve a wonderful birthday. Tawny, thanks for the beautiful post...as always!

Penny said...

Tawny, thank you from my heart. We do what we do as Mom's because there is no one else to do it and because we come to love it. My happinesss day to day depended on all of yours' happinesses. So now to have an incredible tribiute like you just posted is a great thank you to me. Everyone knows that you can never thank your Mom really and when you finally want to then you do it by loving and cherishing your own children so that the nurturing continues to pass on through all and generations. (I actually like the pics of me and that is amazin, thanks!)

tawny said...

Oh mom it's so true!

You get a total respect once you'be become a MOTHER yourself.

YOu taught me that concept when my twins were just babies.(and I was struggling! it was hard) AND I won't forget, we were on a walk and you told me," once you give them ALL of you, then motherhood becomes so rewarding and so much easier!"
I have always held that so true!

ashlyn said...

Austin and Ashlyn want to say happy happy birthday grandma!!!

we love you so much and so glad you are home off your mission! we think you are the best grandma ever! love you gma!

Misty said...

Oh my gosh! Loved that post and LOVE mom. She is amazing. I can't believe how she did it all either! She pulled through with optimism and grace and strength and a sense of humor on top of it all. She is an inspiration to me with my 6. The other thing I love is that mom has always been..."real" though. She's never been that fake sweet or never tried to be anything she's not. LOVE HER!!! Happy Birthday to the best!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Mom!! LOve ya. Hope you had a wonderful day. It sounds like you enjoyed it. I loved the pics that Tawny put up. The one at Thanksgiving point is one of my favs. You do a great job on your blog. Thanks for all you do. PS Thanks for getting Baked Lays today!!

Melisa said...

Brooke knows what I am talking about when I say...CHERISH YOUR MAMA. Not that you don't but you guys have truly been blessed with a wonderful loving mom. You Brown girls all have "Penny" in you. What a wonderful thing to have. I look up to you to Penny because you raised the best friend I could ever have!

Ivy said...

You have me in tears. What a great dedication to your mom. I too have 4 kiddos... I feel on some days I am barely making it! Your mom is an inspiration for me today!
I am going to do a post on my blog and link this post. Your mom totes deserves all the recognition...I can take it down if you want me to... just let me know!
Cheers~Ivy