One year ago, we were living in the mountain house waiting for our new home to be built.
One year ago, we were building a house, making decisions on every last detail of colors, floor plans, and layouts.
One year ago, the kids thought we were living in a winter wonderland snuggled up against the east mountains, with snow falls every other day. Adventures around every corner: snakes, tarantulas, deer and starry nights. We felt away from life and enjoyed our new journey.
One year ago, as a mother, I secretly felt the stress of living so far away from school, sports, and friends. Living in the car for 5 months driving the kids back and forth back and forth. Always trying to keep them connected to 'their world' without them knowing they weren't.
One year ago, my parents were serving as mission presidents for our church. They took care of, guided, helped, and lead 230 plus missionaries.
One year ago, Ry's parents were serving as missionaries for our church. They taught and gave tours of the beginnings of our church. They introduced people to our first temple in Kirtland and educated them on Joseph Smith.
One year ago, I never would of imagined what the year 2009 would hold. TO know that the summer of 2009 was the best yet: secret pools, lakes and ponds, thrillin' Thursdays with the family, hot summer days full of ice cream and laying out, movie nights on the trampoline, long walks at dusk, good happy days full of great memories.
One year ago, my kids missed both grandparents terribly. Proud they were serving our church, but still missing them at sports game, birthday parties, and baptisms. Things that count and make memories.
One year ago, I didn't realize the need of having them home, to help lift up, support and love one another. And to start the memories again.
One year ago, life I thought was hard and stressful. But not knowing how much more stress 2009 would hold for us and for our loved ones.
One year ago, I never would of imagined so much emotion and love I feel now and I continue to feel.....realizing how much I rely on Ryan as my support, my kids as my purpose, my Savior as my foundation, my Faith as my surviving hope.
In the next coming year of 2010, I can't even begin to imagine what that year will hold for us. What direction our lives will take, what paths we may go down....But I do know their is a plan, their is a plan for everyone, sometimes we can't understand why, BUT I do know their is a Heavenly Father above who does KNOW all things. He comforts, directs and guides each of us on our road, which is our plan to return to Him above. For that I am comforted.
Post Edit:
I feel that this Christmas season has been so different from the last. This year our calendar has been full from the beginning to the end. So many parties, so many activities, so many responsibilities, fast paced going back and forth all the time. Which has been fun and exciting, BUT the true meaning of Christmas is starting to escape......Life to me, is so much more rewarding in the quiet simple moments as a family. We do miss our adventure at the Mountain house, it definitely brought us closer together as a family. With this year, I am hoping these last 2 weeks we can start to simplify, to remember, and to focus on the true meaning of Christmas, which is the birth of Jesus Christ and the importance of Him in our lives.
view of mountains from mtn. house. (ashlyn's pic)
Beau--ti--ful!!
Christmas at the Mtn house. 2008


