Sunday, August 23, 2009

guess what?

Ha!
You won't believe it!
B U T



Mace is a big boy. finally.



He is wearing big boy undies around here!



I finally stayed home last Wednesday and just did it.
No more excuses. It was time.



Told him it's time to be a big boy and go peeps in the potty.



and you know what's great:
HE did it on his first try!

and then again and again and again.



four for four, five for five

and yesterday seven for seven.

He was ready back in June, but I waited a little....





Me a bad mom eh? maybe. maybe not.
Here's my theory:


When you push them to potty train when they are still two,

they are not ready and their bladders are too small.


Lots of accidents and misses. More of a pain for mom.


But when you wait till they are old enough to just simply do it, they do it.

Potty training made easy (ier).

Done in a snap, one day done!

Life is good.

I have done it both ways, and I will take the cleaner easier approach!

And, okay, wait,

we are still working on the poopy in the potty, but that will come..

and rewards were in order for making my job so much easier.

Phewy, cuz I don't really like hanging out in the potty all day...!
So Mace is happy and I am too!

yay. finally. done.

and we are finally collecting a few more toys around here

(since the mean robbers took them A L L )....

Mace is glad to have boy toys .

And I am happy he is playing with tools instead of his

Hannah Montana purses

(Ash's purses.)






Good job Mace man!
his guitar hero face..

Now off to preschool for you! (in Sept.)

School is starting in 3 days for the other 3....Holy cow!

Sad a little bit, yes.

(but just a little!)

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah Mace! Love you baby. I'm kind of sad. Blakers and Mace are so big now. I'm happy, but it just feels like they're not our babies anymore :(....

Those are darling pictures of Mason. He looks like a rock star!

Laura said...

LUKE says..."Good job Mace! You should get super hero underpants because I have another one."

OK..dont know what that means...but he is 3!

Natalie said...

Good job lady. Now for the poop. Good luck. That one is always hard. Enjoy your last couple of days. Weird that they start in the middle of the week. Mason looks so cute in those guitar pictures. Funny kid.

brie said...

congrats mace! hope you don't poop your pants cuz then your mama might have an emotional OCD break-down, and seeing your mother in such a state might be traumatizing.

Cade wants to know if he can have your old diapers??

tawny said...

ha ha funny. but u r kind of right sista!

Savannah said...

That's awesome! Good job Mace! And of course the loving mother who taught him, TAWNY! YAY! FOR BOTH OF YOU! :) Mace is such a big boy! Mace is so funny!

DMearian said...

WooHoo!!!! Yep, one day just like we all talked about at the pool! I love waiting until they are old! That's the secret....congrats on a no diaper family. The Freedom! i need to still swim, we need to set up a time with everyone to go when it warms up this week or next. Love ya.

Nancy said...

Ummm, don't want to poop (ha ha) on your parade...but the poopy part took Addison about 2 months to FINALLY get it. Slow? Mabye Stubborn? definately. I tried every bribe in the book and chucked many-an-undie in the process...BUT every kid is different and my kid just happened to be poop-averse (well, just the getting it where it should be part).
Do you like how I said POOP like 4 times in this post? It's cuz I know how you love thinkin' about it - poop poop poop poop poop. Good luck Tawny!!!!