Thursday, August 13, 2009

thrillin~thrillin~thrillin~thrillin~thrillin
Our thrillin thursdays have been great.


Today was the last thrillin.










And I was in charge.


When your in charge you decide the activity, you organize, plan, assign..etc


So I decided to do GAME DAY at the PARK.


kids love games.


But I didn't pick ordinary games like kicksoccer or baseball,


Nope...good old fashion games that are


Simple, easy, and fun:


toss the egg, bubble gum blowing contest, relay races
and water balloons.


We started our first thrillin at this beautiful park


(remember the first thrillin in June making our t-shirts and then the scary thunderstorm hit and we had to run....!)


and we ended it at the same park.


It's a beauty here.


I got there early to set up. Everybody brought lunch and waited for the entire Brown crew to show up.

The day was beautiful and sunny.
A nice cool breeze blew through the trees.


It had that feeling of fall....


You know that feeling when summer is coming to an end,
the temperature drops, the breeze blows and you know
Autumn is just around the corner...

It was a great day to be at the park....

Kristin, Amber, mom, Brie and Misty all arrived with kids in tow.

We are ready:

Who wants games?????




We were off. Thrillin had begun.

Bubble gum blowing contest.


It was a hit.


Everyone chewing on Hubba Bubba and raising their hand when they think they had the winning bubble....

Everyone was determined to blow the biggest bubble.
It was fun to watch all of the kiddos T R Y to even get a small bubble! :)









Gracie, Ashlyn, Makaylie.....


All the kids tried over and over.


I let it go 10 minutes before the winner was announced.
One by one they out did eachother, BUT


it was not a kid who won, it was.....











M I S T Y

way to go girl!

Her bubble was G I N O R M O U S

But of course everyone is a winner and gets a prize:

lots


and lots


of treats.


When I am in charge, chocolate and candy will always be involved.

Dig on in kiddos...


Then we had the E G G toss.


I bought lots and lots of eggs.....ummm


yolks and shells everywhere....


BUT the kids loved it.


off they go, partners,


winner is the longest egg to last the farthest toss...








The boys were awesome


Especially Matt, Bray and Brendan. Aus, Quinn and Cole did great too.


Those eggs were F L Y I N G in the air....


faaaaaaaaaaaaaar up in the sky.






















Seriously they all did so good.


They thought I hard boiled them.
Nope, they were suprised,


when the yolk splattered everywhere.
Y U C K!


but that was the fun part!























Ahhhh, cute little cousin girls did so good. Gracie and Lani...





Aus was catching it from 75 feet away, that egg was



S T R O N G.

The boys won.


The kids loved it and we moved on...

BUT



Ash and Matt found a little treasure from the stream.



and why and how do we always get involved with......






















S N A K E S!


And of course the kids looooved this little slimy snake.
They all ran to Matt to behold the gardner snake.


They were all so brave.


and of course Ashlyn wanted to make it her best friend.




It was wiggling all over the place.

I kept telling her to hold it by the neck and not the tail!

It was trying to attack in it's feeble way.

we put it back into the stream when the kids were done loving it....

anyways, back to Thrillin'


WE moved on to the "Wipeout" obstacle course.

(kids style...)

The course:

Kick the soccer ball around the tree and back, then shoot the ball in the basket, eat 2 big marshmallows, and do 10 jumping jacks.

The fastest:

W I N S











(Ash eating her marshmallows, Austin doing his jumping jacks.....)

Off they go! The kids loved it.

They all got so competitive each trying to wipeout the other's time.

The pics are cute of them all competing.

Mainly it was Ashlyn, Austin, Cole, Quinn, Jake and Lexi fighting it out!


In the end it was so close but Quinn won by 6 seconds, way to go!

Kristin took the 6 pack off to play duck duck goose and easier games.
(which they looooooved!)
Amber helped me with Mace while I was doing the course...thanks girl!WE ended Thrillin by cooling off with
W A T E R B A L L O O N S!
(thx to Amber and Jan)
The kids were so happy and went wild with the balloons.
They were gone in a split second.


The kids loved being outside and playing game day at the park.

We have loved having a thrillin to look forward to every week

and it has been so fun to take the kids all over the valley!



It has been such a great summer full of Thrillin days!
Thanks Thrillin for all the memories.
Till next summer...
maybe back to Wacky Wednesdays, Freaky Fridays or
Thrillin Thursdays....
who knows,
but the ride was great!
Thanks to all the Brown girl mama's !
and to all the great cuz's!
Adios!



The summer of Thrillins 2009 will always be in our memories!

xoxo~

7 comments:

Natalie said...

It's like you had a McBride family reunion every Thursday. What a ton of work. No better memories than with family and cousins unless I'm there of course. One more week of summer for you girly. Have fun with it. I'm done. Now it's time for lunch with girlfriends and the little boys. Yay!!! You do amazing work as a mama and now we deserve a break. Yay to schedules.

Robyn said...

Hey Camp Counselor - I think you should plan our next girls night. At a park, with games! Me and you could totally kick Nancy and Natalies trash at the egg toss.
Just sayin.

What would your camp counselor name be?
hmmmmm.

Amber said...

That was so cute but made me sad!! I have loved every day of this summer and I am sad to see it end and the kids back off to school. We have done so many fun things.Four weeks from today we will be hittin' the beach!

Nancy said...

I think you should officially be in charge of GNO, it could be a fiesta every month! What a great summer, it's so cool how you sisters all make an effort to hang out. It looks like a lot of work, but makes the cousins all appreciate each other.
And Robyn WTH? Nat and I would wipe up with you guys so I don't know what you are talking about. The higher the toss the harder it falls! :) Bring it on!

tawny said...

wahooooo!!!!

Bring it on my cute girls!

Let's do it, Tara's bday night in Sept 24th!!!

I love talking the trash...that was good Nanc... Rob wont stand for it, she is more competitive than I am!!! (okay we are about the same...)

can't wait! love my girls....!

Misty said...

That was so cute! I loved all the pictures of the day. Too bad you didn't have one of the snake throwing up on my freshly washed blanket though. Who knew snakes ralphed? Also, I never got a prize from the biggest bubble.

Penny said...

Such a cute conclusion to it all and to think that I got to go to most of the Thrillin's after July started!!I loved them all too and love all of you. We are all so lucky.