Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Big boy days are here!


Today was a big day.

Today was Mace's F I R S T day of preschool.
and my L A S T day of having a "baby" around.
wow.

So today while Mace was eating his bumblebee cereal,

I told Mace that today was his

F I R S T day of S C H O O L!

His Reaction: seriously he has been so excited to go see


Mizz Thompson and be a B I G boy like Aus and Jake!

With his name tag on and

Jeffrey the giraffe he was ready.


So off we go.....

had to get the classic 1st day of preschool pic:

Mom and Mace at preschool!



and what's even better about the whole deal:



His cousin Blake is in his

C L A S S ! My cute sis Brooke with her son, Blake and Mace.

They thought it was so cool to have each other in class.
So did we.

Mace saying hi to Mizz THompson. Then off to the toys.
HE was a B I G boy and I was a proud mama.

Then it was time for M A M A to go P L A Y!

Are you kidding me?

Freedom for the first time in

10 years, 3 months and 6 days folks.

Seriously this is history for me.

I have always always had a baby or a toddler at home.
and now

I. A M. F R E E.
Holy moly smokes!


off to lunch with the sis's for sure!

C E L E B R A T I O N S
were in order.

NONE of us had a baby! wow. wow. wow.


WE had real adult conversations with no interruptions

and no babies
running
around and around the restaurant!
It was a miracle moment.

Went to pick him up and he came running out the door

with the biggest smile and happiest face ever.
I was relieved. He loved it. He was happy.

That's all a mom can ask for.

easy happy days.

Yay.

Great days to come.

All the kids in school.

Mom survived the baby days and time to move on to
a new phase of life.
With a lil' bit of sentiment that babies are gone








but with a welcome heart that the kids are growing

They are becoming sweet little grown-ups.
Hopefully!

cheers to a new moment in my life and Mace's!


7 comments:

Kimberly W said...

Gotta say, I'm kind of SUPER jealous. Don't get me wrong I love my Gabbers, but you know . . .

Mace looked so cute and happy at preschool. Glad he likes Jill.

brie said...

so so sweet! i love that mace is a big boy. i don't predict cade being a big boy for another few months but that's okay. :) glad you have some freedom!

Natalie said...

He looks so happy. That's the best when they go to school happy. Lucky he has a cousin. You deserve a couple hours of freedom. Can you imagine moms that have more kids and do it for 20 years without a brake. Wowsers. Lunch without kids is on the way. We thought these days would never happen. WE love the babies, but on to big boys and FREEDOM!!!!

tawny said...

Amennnn Nat!!! :)

and Kim you are still sooo invited with Gabbers 2 lunchy with the girlies.. She's my second "Avery!" (I live through your F O U R daughters! lucky u)

Penny said...

Sweet sweet post. You will remember that day always. And Mace and Blake looked so cute and cool. I even got a lump in my throat for me and for you and kind of for them because some day they will be real boys in the real world. So for now, enjoy your little freedom and be glad that you can still protect them!

Melisa said...

WAHOOOO for you! I too look forward to the day to go to lunch without a child strapped to my arm. 3 years for me...Hope you had a great lunch!

Michele R said...

How adorable are those photos! Yeah to freedom for mom. Did you blink twice, have a diet coke and then it was time to get him?
Did you just jinx yourself with saying no more babies?