Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Mama's instinct

Today on my run, I biffed it.
I biffed it hard.
I fell saving this little one:




Yup, I did. And I would do it again.
As mama's wouldn't we do anything to protect our little ones?
Even if it meant to fly head over heels and fall hard?
It's a N A T U R A L I N S T I N C T us mama's have.
We can't help it.
We WOULD and WILL do anything to protect our little cubs.



Well I'm sure it was a sight to see:
Mama and baby running smoothly, strollers tire hitting the curb,
stroller goes flying,
big mama goes flying,
meanwhile trying to grab her baby so he won't smash
his face in the pavement,
big mama falls hard.



Ouch. It hurt.
Especially my leg/shin that took all the weight of big mama.
I laughed. and I actually cried too. Just a little.
Then I laughed again because I thought of all the people
S T A R I N G as they passed us in their cars!
and then Mace was crying cuz he didn't know what hit him and
we both just stared at each other thinking what just happened?
Mace happily okay and not injured.
Me just limping and wiping the dirt off...
Love my litte cub and glad he was just fine.



Now off to fix the tire on my real Jogging stroller and never use my basic one to jog again.
Lesson learned.
painfully, but learned.



(and the pic is of the kids last night's Family Home Evening of
playing
round the world basketball in the dark!
WE had games and icecream. Good times!
and don't you think Ash looks like a ghost in the first pic??? We all did!)



Then we got carried away.
(trying to get more ghost pics that is)
Here's a few more:

Ash had hops!
SHe looks like a ghost again in this picthen Mace wanted a turn...
now Jake's head looks ghostly..



By the way, I B E A T all the boys and won
Round the World in my first try!
No donkey shots or nothing! I won, won it all.
And they were all stuck in Russia! I got the skills! j/ k
But secretly me and Ry fight over who gave the kids
all their "sportin' skills!"
I mean in a kidding sort of way, but not really...
I think all you married couples no what I mean :)
The last word is I won and beat A L L the boys including Ry.
enough said!
Have a lovely accident free day!

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Good job BIG MAMA saving your little one. Are you okay. Do you have owies. See if you ran in the morning before the kiddos got up you wouldn't have gotten hurt. You are so good that you were even running and that you won FHE.

I think you both have the sports skills that contributed to your kiddos, but maybe you a little more. LOL

PS Love the big pictures.

Nancy said...

Tawny LOVE the big pics, whoever taught you to do that must be wicked SMAHT! :) They do look good though, if I ever update my blog again in my lifetime I am going to do it to. Your welcome for giving you my tip before I even used it. :)

Sorry to hear about the spill, hope everyone was okay!

Natalie said...

Nancy is so smart-she can't even spell SMART!!

tawny said...

Nat your funny.

and yes my shin is swollen!

and Nancy, thx for the tip, you are smaht!

xo girls

Kimberly W said...

So sad about your fall!! I don't know how you've been running with that plastic stroller. Glad you and Mace are mostly okay.

Your kids are lucky to get sports skills from you. I don't even know how to play around the world (does it count if I've heard of it), and what's russian and donkey?

Robyn said...

Seriously when us Big Mama's fall down - it's a long fall. And it's funny!
So I kindove laughed when you told that story, not a mean laugh, just the I know exactly what you mean laugh.
Battle wounds make you stronger, right?

Tell your kiddo's those ghost pictures are so cool. You can see right through them. I hope their friendly ghosts.

Robyn said...

and by 'their', I meant 'they're' :)

Brooke said...

Good Save. That alone shows some pretty awesome sports skills. I believe, that I as well, carry the sports' gene in our family. I kick butt in bball too. Love it! Brown family rules....ha ha. We should all have a competiton one night just the bros and sistas. Then we'll really see who's best!

BTW, your kids don't look like ghosts, they look like vampires. Frieky ones from "Twilight."

ashlyn said...

that was a fun day. i liked doing those hops. in the first picture the ball is see-through. check it out. And another one was jakes head was also see-through, and i think austin's arms. well, that was cool. love you, and you blog.

Nancy said...

Natalie I was TRYING to be funny. "Wicked smaht" is what they say in Boston...I guess if you were smaht you'd know that. LOL

Tawny those ghost pics are a little freaky. I'm with Kim, I don't know what donkey or around the world is.

I can't believe you even attempted to run with a plastic stroller - crazy!

Debbie said...

I'm glad you weren't seriously injured. And yes, I would do that in a heartbeat.

Laura said...

see? yet another reason why I dont run.

be careful out there!