Every day I get to wake up to a beautiful fall day.
and every day I get to wake up and look at these grand Rocky Mountains and breathe in their nice cold air.....
(today's pic on my run.)
and every day I get to send my 4 sweet kiddos (most of the time:) off to school and enjoy nice, quiet moments to myself and remember how grateful I am to be a stay at home mama!
(and every day I love the sunlight that shines through my 3 windows around 9:25! and it's sooo peaceful even if it's just for a small moment :)
and every day I get to walk out the door and enjoy the simple pleasures of life...
(got my 3 pair of shoes at Old Navy for .97 cents each thank you very much. Went to buy Jakers more jeans and happened upon these color shoes for 3 bucks total! wahoo )
and every day I get to interact and share good times with my sisters and great friends who lift me up and strenghten me. Us girls need girlies like that in our life.
(Hiking the "Y" with Nie)
Her story, her life, her relentless passion for motherhood, her love for life is simply uplifting to me. And I am blessed by her and her example.
A year ago, Nie changed my life forever. Her strength is admirable.
If every day Nie can face her most challenging trials and tackle life head on, so can I.
And every day I will be forever indebted to Nie. She is one amazing woman and she was put here on this earth for a reason. And I feel it's to bless ALL of our own lives

(And she was so good on Oprah today!)



9 comments:
What a beautiful post! Thank you for the reminder. It is a beautiful day and I am so very blessed!
And Nie Nie was wonderful on Oprah! She is an inspiration to us all and we love her and her family for it!
I think I'm moving to Utah. Or Colorado. Those photos are fantastic. I would sit there and stare at those mountains all day. Except for the snow. Me no likey being cold or driving in it.
I love how Nie was wearing the colors of her favorite holiday--lots of orange like in your last post. She is truly an inspiration of how we can endure and not sweat the small stuff.
Loved it today! It's nice you appreciate the small stuff, the stuff that is way to easy to take for granted. And love the shoes, way cute.
i watched oprah last night with mom and dad and i think we were all crying. it was amazing!
xoxo
You are so positive and hot too!!! Thanks for reminding me about Oprah. It was so awesome and thanks for always reminding us to read Nie. She does lift my spirits. It's amazing what one can over come. love the post.
As per usual, loved your post and the thoughts so artfully expressed. You inspire me! Love You.
Ditto Mom and Amber..I love your appreciation for every day life. Helps me to do so to.
I think Oprah should have given Nie the ENTIRE HOUR. Talked more about her blog...who she was BEFORE the accident,and how she was inspiring thousands of people...mothers...across the country, before the burns. Then she could have talked to her sisters...her amazing family...how they swooped in and took her children...and then they could have talked about life now. How and why she chose the HARD LIFE...and her FAITH..and how LOVE and FAITH are CLEARLY what kept her alive.
Nie is alive for a reason.
Tawney, I have to say, that you inspire me greatly as well. I do not have the relationship you have with your mom with my own...I live miles and miles away from my family...and I spend way too much time focusing on what is NOT in my life, then what is. And I see your life...your respect for you husband, love for your children, how you approach life with a smile...You help me to be better. To reach higher. I just read on someones blog, BITTERNESS IS UGLY.
SO TRUE.
Must be why you Utah gals are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a blessed weekend and enjoy the colors of the season!
xo
Laura
Hi! HI! HI! I am so with you on Nie, I thought the EXACT thing. Oprah only saw a "glimpse" of the real Nie..she missed out on so much of the TRUE nie...I wish viewers could of know the ENTIRE story, start go finish... I will email you more....check it later..
BUT thank you thank you, for your compliment. You kind of made me cry :) and I don't cry lots. You are sweet and your words meant a lot...
peeps need to know you are someone who INSPIRES me and helps me daily...that's why blogs are so great..they have changed me in so many ways... I will email you! xo
Post a Comment