for a daughter who didn't cry when we MISSED BOTH mommy/daddy/daughter dates her church class hosted. (man that's BAD!)
We made it up to her with her on special date to her favorite place.....
"mommy"
"Daddy"
She was in heaven and so happy. I was so glad she let us make it up to her....
I am so grateful for my "one and only!"
(Ashlyn's dish.....)
Today I am grateful
(Is it summer yet??? please please?)
for the white-washed
Rocky mountains that remind me that
time progresses and with each new season, brings new things.
Sometimes good, others bad, but from all, we learn about life.
(pic taken driving up to the mountain house...my steepest hill in my run..ugh!)
(Isn't it so pretty?!)
Today I am grateful
for Nie Nie and her life.
There's not a day, I don't feel blessed to "know" Nie and feel her
strength, courage, and tenacity for life.
(she was so great on the Today show!)Today I am grateful
for a "kid tree" put up so the kids can touch, move, break A N Y ornament they wish......
"Pie Night" with all the girls...
Oh what a night we have. NO kids, no noise, no cleaning....
Just all the mama's making pies for Thanksgiving.
Laughing, hangin out, having a great time!
(and yes, sooo grateful for all my sis's!)
(last years pic!)
who finally GETS TO COME to Pie night after serving as
Mission Presidents for 3 loooong years!
(good years indeed, but we missed YOU!)
And lastly, today, I am grateful for just having a
sunny day to wake up to.
Though the "S T R E S S" of the Holiday tasks ahead of me
(and RY's surgery tomorrow...) constantly are on my mind.
The simple things keep me going,
day to day,moment by moment.
Sometimes that's all we got.... enjoying the moment..right?
In fact today my simple thing:
I am grateful for the Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband who are playing Christmas music at the mall today. My girls are going, diet cokes, and pretzels...all my favorite favorite....and btw, his music melts my heart.
And lastly lastly, I am grateful for the Holiday seasons, that help us
Well my blogging friends, what are you all grateful for?
Love to hear it.....
Happy Thanksgiving week!
and do you like my song??
They played it at the end of Jon and Kate plus..8! so sad for them!



6 comments:
I am THANKFUL for the way my eyes have been opened to a whole new outlook on life...thanks to blogging, and Nie and people like YOU...
thankful to be a MOM. So simple. Such a blessing. We complicate out lives so much with so many things that DO NOT MATTER.
I am thankful to recognize that.
Happy Thanksgiving! I wish I could join you for PIE NIGHT!
it's hard for me, this season, to remember to be grateful for so many blessings i have. thanks for the reminder.
that grumpy face pic of M had my roaring with laughter.
i'm excited for pie night too, and afterward new moon and listening to all of troy's inapporpriate bella and edward sex questions!
kisses.
My how you keep me grounded too. Loved the post today and yesterday. The way you interspersed your words with the tree going up and becomming beautiful. So symbolic of our lives and how they don't just turn out right or perfect over night or maybe they never do. However, it really does'nt matter. It the chance we have to even try. Thanks for being grateful for me. I love you and you are helping me to be happier and feel more loved too.
Thanks for reminding me to be grateful. Sometimes it's hard to remember when times get rough. I am always impressed by your strength. Love you sis!
Thanks girls!! You know I love all of YOU!
Can't wait for pie night!! good times. good times!
Hi Tawny, I know I'm late to the thankful party but just wanted to say I am thankful people like you. People who try brighten others lives.
You are a ray of sunshine to so many, and there should be more like you.
I love your decorations, I am jealous because I have to scale down this year. We are going to the cabin for Christmas and I don't want get all my stuff out just to leave it then come home and take it all down. I will enjoy all of yours on your blog!
Love you.
Post a Comment