Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happiness!

Can you relate to this: You wake up and look out the window and all you see are gray skies, low clouds, and a dismal, bleak light trying to break through the dreariness...the makings for a bad day. Then I quickly remember this: Happiness!! Yes, I imagine when the hot, summer days are back. Nothing beats my 3 favorite things: the hot sun, the ocean water, and an ice-cold diet coke!! Ry and I went to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen with Misty and Bri at the beginning of this year. It was a fantastic week we will never forget! ( I want to blog it later for my book journal!)
But today got better after my 7 mile run, a purchase of a new set of table and chairs for the new basement game room, and a surround sound that makes a husband sooooo happy.( Yeah for Black Friday specials!!) Then we put up our "second" tree and the kids were soooo happy too!

Despite the dreariness outside, it ended up being a happy day after all! By the way...the Bahamas are coming soon....:)


9 comments:

Brooke said...

Well I'm glad that your 7 miles make you happy. I wish I could run 7 miles. And, even if I did. I wonder? Would it make me happy on a gray dismal day?

Laura said...

They are my favorite 3 things also Except I prefer the Diet Pepsi:)

brie said...

can't relate to the ocean trip (boo!) but it made me miss summer! only 6 months to go...

tawny said...

Oh Brie, don't say 6 months...that is so depressing! Brooke, yes I love to run no matter the weather. It is my escape! and Laura...you need to try VANILLA Diet Coke and I bet you would change your mind!!

Laur said...

so i might be totally making myself look way dumb, and I don't mean to invite myself to family stuff, but what if we did a girls trip to mexico and just baked in the sun for like a week with cold diet coke and no kids to chase around. Just a thought. It would probably never happen but i would like die to do it.

tawny said...

Laur, SIGN ME UP SISTA!! I have tried to plan a sista getaway beach trip for a looonngg time! Since the park days are gone, we need something to look forward to....Wouldn't it be soooo nice to all go to the beach in the sun and lay out forever and ever!! I guess we can keep dreaming.....

B.J. Deeds said...

Wow, where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were out at your place on 90th and 9th or over off 6200 by the Chevron! My how time fly's. Your family is adorable. Tell Ryan hello and if he gets a chance and know's Wayne Baker or Mike Dickamore at Fidelity to make their life's a little more hectic at work. Hope to see you guys again sometime soon! Hope the house is coming along as planned. Let Wendy or myself know if there is anything we can do to help! Wishing I was somewhere warm on a Carona chair with a fresh lava flow.

B.J.

Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty said...

Laur - I would SSSOOO be in for an all girls trip. Mexico is cheap or Maui seriouly isn't bad at all...especially if we ould get more of us!