Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Layla our new kitty

Poor Kitty Cat.



Layla is Mason's new best friend.




You can tell Layla doesn't like 3 year old's...


Usually Layla can outrun the little Mace or

at least scratch her way to freedom-


I told Mace to take her to go potty in her litter. He was excited to feel like a big boy. Layla tried everything to escape, but Mace just kept walking and walking despite the scratches. Good boy Mace. (and Layla was just fine!)
He loves that kitty soooo much.

I think it replaces the "need" for a little bro or sis....phewy

He calls her "my little baby."


Cute.
Well just sort-of.
But at least I don't have to take care of her.
My kids absolutely love and adore her.
Good thing.


and fyi to all you animal lovers-
please don't think Layla is not smothered with kisses,
fed 11 times a day,
and treated like a queen from all the other kiddos. (including Ry)
She is well loved and taken care of
despite Mason's not so nice handling!
promise.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Layla, a cute cat with a stolen name. That cat clawed up my leg for no reason. I just love cats!!

tawny said...

I know I know. I am so sorry we named her after your UNBORN daughter!!!

I promise if you and Ty have lovely Layla, I will rename the kitty scratcher! promise.

and sorry she scratches up your leg, she does that to EVERYONE that comes by. I thought kitty cats were gentle and nice. oh well. I am trying to be patient with her for the kids sake!

and p.s--- YOU HATE cats. nice try sis.

Brooke said...

Good job Mace! (maybe he should have a shirt on next time...ouch).

But I'm more proud of Amber. This may be her first post comment! Go Ambie :)

Nancy said...

Girl you are a blogging fool. I am so behind I think I am just going to start fresh next week...okay maybe not since I obviously find time to comment I should just get on it! Now where did I put that dang camera cord...

I don't like pets now, but I grew up with them. I loved, loved, loved animals when I was younger and it's so sweet that you gave into your kids - Mace is so sweet w/that silly cat! I would not win that battle at my house.

Natalie said...

You are a nicer mom than me. It seems the animals always survive the kid torture. Good luck this week with the twins b-day. Double whammy!!! But you will handle it, your the woman.

Penny said...

That pic made me want to cry. He is so thrilled to have a live kitty for a friend and then it hurts him. Such irony but actually, that is the LESSON of life. Not all that we wish for is best for us! Anyway, he is such a great kid. Good luck with kitty and nothing will ever really happen to it. She will survive and get worse, by the way. You will need a scratching post. They really work and kitty claws are so sharp and they love to use them! Happy Motherhood (btw mothers day pics were precious and thanks for taking one of me with the kids).

Laura said...

so so so cute
and your house is so CLEAN!!

Debbie said...

That kitty looks like it is going to be loved so much:) Lucky cat.