Tuesday, January 19, 2010

my boys.

Boys.
I'm grateful for 3 of them.

Like I have said before, I was a little sad.

I really thought Mace would come out a girl. The perfect Brady Bunch family.

Even numbers. Two boys and two girls! But nope, instead he was my third boy!!

We knew that four was always our magic number.

Our family complete.


B U T, I do have to admit I was worried Ashlyn would have no sister
to share all her girls secrets to, talk about barbies and boys, put
on nail polish and have tea parties.

B U T what I have learned in time, is is that she has me, she has my sisters, (who treat her so sweet) and she has her cousins to love and surround her.
And I love that I get time with JUST her. Ashlyn and I go on lots of mama daughter dates. I love just spending time with her. It's special.

SO I know that our plan was fulfilled, we were destined for three boys and a girl, and I know my family is perfect.

And sometimes I think Mace came down as Ashlyn's other twin too.
Ash thinks its great that he looks just like her.

They share a special bond, Ash loves taking care of her little baby bro. It's sweet because Mace always calls her sis or sissa.

BUT moments like these make me smile.

The other night my boys came down the stairs dressed like this:

Quite typical at the Stott household...

Hulk in his underwear (always)
and Austin dressed up as a power ranger wearing a spidey cape.
They were buds hanging out.
Austin "entertaining" Mace by dressing up and playing with him.

I'm lucky to have 3 boys.

3 boys for the most part, who get along and love to hang out.

Boys play in such a different way then girls do.

They are rough and loud, they love sports, games and toys.

They wrestle, fight and love.

Yup, I feel lucky to have 3 Stott boys.

I am a happy mama.
and yes I don't have another girl, but that's okay.
I feel so blessed to have the family I do.
I do not take that for granted one single day.