Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pearl Street.

After we looked up and down CO, we had a few hours left to do something fun.

We decided to check out Boulder and walk Pearl Street.

It wasn't a very far drive and with our GPS we got there fast.

(and thanks goodness for my Garmin or I would of been LOST all weekend long. Those little talking guys are heaven sent! It got me to every school, church, rec center..etc.)

So I expected Boulder to be like Park City (Utah). But it wasn't.

I would say somewhat of the same crowd, but different atmosphere.

More affordable shops and locals on the streets.

Some were playing the guitar, doing magic tricks, and selling jewelry...it was cool.

Lots

of people

everywhere.

We had a fun night walking around in the nice cool mountain air.

A nice break from the stress of our move....

The mountains reminded me of home so it was nice to be up there.

As we walked around, we wanted to eat at all the fun places:

an Italian joint, or Sushi, or Mexican.

We picked a mexican joint called Rio Grand.

The enchiladas were fab and the best part:

FLAN for dessert.


I took lots of pics and put some in the collage at the top.
Boulder was great....it was a fun getaway.
The next day, I flew home.
I had so many mixed emotions running through my mind....
This new adventure is so hard but so good too.
I am just grateful to have the BEST sisters and friends who help me every day.
Ry and I and the kids are excited and nervous for all the new adventures to come!!
Hopefully it all works out smoothly! We will see!
Now off to life...xo!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Em said...

Boulder looks very jazzy. I'm selfishly excited for you to live in CO- now I can visit. I'm very glad things are looking so great for you out there.

Natalie said...

It will all work out smoothly because you are that kind of woman. An amazing mama, friend, wife and sister. It looks beautiful. It really does. If you hate it, you can always come back. Haha. I'm so excited for your family and this new adventure, while I'm sad for me. But we will stay in touch always.

Penny said...

You have a way of making everything you do or have to do seem like a positive experience! I need to learn from you how you do it. Anyway, through your eyes, Boulder seems quite fabulous and actually I can't wait to visit there with you and the Fam!
I know that you are working hard to consider this whole thing a positive experience for the fam and for the husband. Good for you. I am proud of uou.

Shelly said...

i usually read your sister's blog, bloxygen, but was checking out some of her links and found your blog. and then i saw boulder and pictures of colorado! i live in denver and just wanted to say welcome to colorado! i work as a preschool teacher (i'm 25 years old) and if you guys need a babysitter or have questions, feel free to ask! you've a beautiful family and i'm sure the move will be hard, but wanted to know you're in good hands in colorado. i hope this comment isn't too creepy...just wanted to say hi and best of luck with everything!

Shelly

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nice comment from the above person!
Tawny, like someone else said, you can always move back! But I bet you will end up loving your new adventure and WHAT A PLACE! for your family and friends to visit for a road trip! At least it is just one state away.
Last summer we drove to Denver, then Boulder, then Estes Park and hiked all over the Rocky Mountain National Park. Incredible. of course we are hoping at least one of our boys will want to go to school in Boulder or Ft. Collins one day so we can visit yearly!!