Saturday, June 5, 2010

A journey begun.

Last night Ashlyn and I went on a walk at sunset.


It was such a warm night.
There was a slight breeze in the air and the sun was slowly sinking down....It felt so good.

The first pic was our favorite view last night.

We have come to find that our neighborhood
is full of them. (see the mountains!)

Ashlyn and I decided to go on a walk every night.

On our walk,we talked and talked...about life, Colorado, Utah, moving, meeting new people, new friends...etc...

My kids have been so optimistic.

They are nervous but been so good about our new adventure.

( a little park with a pond in the middle of our neighborhood.)


I am grateful for that.

I have tried so hard to make this a great experience....

to stay positive and look at the glass always half full.

But as mom's we all know sometimes a big change

can't always be simple and easy.

Change is hard but also good. We learn a lot about ourselves along the way...


After a week away, the kids are doing great!

( my sun room! It reminds me of home!)


Every night we have family prayer

The kids pray to meet new friends and new families.

They know it will take time, but they are excited to find new little friends.

They have such a good attitude about it, Ry and I are proud of them.



And every night before bed, Jake comes into my room
with his big smile and tells me how many friends he has.

Usually it is just 5:

Dad, me, Ashlyn, Austin, and Mace.

He was so excited to say that now he has 6!

Carson, a 9 year old neighbor.

Our backyards touch!

Him and Jake were already throwing the football and tackling each other.



(my new mirror for the dining room)

At the pool today,
Ashlyn found a cute girl named Bailey and played with her for hours.(yay!)
Austin and Jake jumped right into a basketball game
in the pool with 11 and 12 year old boys.

Before the day was over,

the 12 year olds were giving Jake and Aus high fives for their sweet shots!

Mace played with his new buddy Mace! (yes same names)

He is Carson's little 5 year old brother.

I was watching the kids and they were all happy!

They were having a good time.

They made some new friends and as a mom, I was thrilled.

Leaving the cousin love and a neighborhood full of kids was hard.

(And I know there will be many hard days ahead,)

but I am already so grateful for the little good moments now.

(my new wall frames for all my favorite pics!)


But I have already learned one thing now

that this move has brought the Stott family closer.

We have relied on each other already for so much.

Aus and Jake have been playing non-stop...

and Ashlyn comes to me just to hang out.

She tells me about her cool books she is reading (thanks Gma Penny!),

and the funny emails from her friends.

(I am loving it)




If nothing else came from this,

I can already tell the most important thing

it has already done,

has taught our little family what is most important:

To support, to love, to encourage, and to always lean on each other. We are family!

period.




And one last time, I want to thank you all.

For your love, your encouragement, your sweet words.
for everything.



We had parties, farewell lunches and goodbye's.

The Stott's received so much love.

We are so grateful for YOU and couldn't of done it without all of your love!

Now off to do yard work and more boxes.

and then go to (the NEW) Cafe Rio in Denver with our friends!

(yay. we are driving 76 miles roundtrip for some pork salad! it is so worth it!)

Miss you all!

xo!
p.s Ashlyn, Austin, and Jakers say hello!
jumping on the tramp with sprinklers. dusk

7 comments:

Penny said...

omg, I don't hardly know what to say. The sunset and the view were marvelous and your house is stunning! But the best of all is that your kids are making friends and you are all feeling closer to each other. Thats a blessing never to take for granted. You have worked and prayed for it and I am happy for you!

emily said...

living away from everyone is rough (we're going on nine years!),but i told you your family would be blessed through this :) and your house looks great!

renn mcbride said...

I love your home pics and your scenic pics. Beautiful. You are such a great person. You always have the best attitude and are teaching your kids so well by your example. Your attitude always lifts me and makes me want to be happier and more positive. Thank you for that.

Cafe Rio is so worth 76 miles!!!! Hope it was the best. Miss ya..

Amber said...

Loved your post, and I am so happy for your kids. But, I love, love your house. The pictures are so pretty. I can't wait to see your house and neighborhood in person. Hopefully soon. It seems like your kids are happy and making friends. Love it!

Brooke said...

Your house looks so roomy and beautiful! I'm so happy your kids are making friends so fast. I miss you like crazy, but I'm glad you are doing so well!

That is far for Cafe Rio!! But, I'm glad you have one :)

Michele R said...

Your new 'hood looks awesome! So great that you have the summer to settle in. So happy to hear it is going great for you guys.

Shelly said...

Welcome to Colorado!!!