Tuesday, June 15, 2010

summer.

Sun up to sun down...

The Stott's are OUT!




Our new social life is pretty good = Our neighborhood rec center = the best.

Considering we left so much family and cousin love,

we have an instant social life here. (we are so lucky for that!)


We have spent all week there.

Going back tomorrow.




Ashlyn joined the local swim team (very low key) for the summer...

she can ride her bike there.


It was so fun to watch her in the water again....


I love summer mornings. love, love, love!



Simply the best.


Summer rejuvenates me for the rest of the year.
oh yes.


The sun makes me so happy.
(everything it represents:)
outdoors, pools, bbq's, fire pits,
playing all day!



We got to the pool today at 1:00 and stayed till 7:00.




I chatted with my new friends (yay!)

and the kids played the summer day away.
(we have been so lucky to already find a group of 6-8 mom's with kids my kids age!)


It was so lovely.


Really that is what summer is all about:


No stress, no schedules, no running around....


Just simply playing and hanging out together.In my rec center, one of my favorite rooms is called the

TWEEN rooms.


The kids go in there and plaaaaay.


The boys play fusbal and Ashlyn checks her emails.



The kids think it is pretty fabulous and so do I.





We played hoops for an hour or so and then it was craft time.


The kids made father's day cards...all of it free of charge.


Every day they host an activity for the kids.


Tomorrow it was sharks and minnos,


Thurs is movie day and Friday is game day at the pool.




Jakers and Aus are fitting right in (as best as they can for now!) with all the boys.

They played baseball in the circle this morning from 8:00 till 11:00.


Then the neighbors cooked them pancakes.


Lots of boys playing baseball, soccer..etc. awesome.



and you know me....

The sun, a diet coke, and a good book...

One happy mama!
(that was after a 5 mile run, weeding for 2 hours,

and getting all the kids chores done (kids work one hour every day! it helps me tons! and then they can buy their own treats at the pool with their allowance)...


love it!


Loves to you!
p.s. tonight we are doing smores in the backyard with the fire pit and off to Boulder for a hike/fish this weekend...fun fun..

5 comments:

Michele R said...

Tawny that rec center is incredible! It is like you are at a resort with activities for the kids. Love the picture of the 4 kids--they are all so healthy and gorgeous.

Amber said...

You are lucky you have had summer mornings. We haven't had many of those lately. Today is so windy, dirt in the air and blowing in cold air. Yuck. Had to take kiddos to Mcdonalds so we could just get out. Your new place looks wonderful and I hope you and the kids are as happy as you look. Love you!

tawny said...

Amber- we are "happy as can be" WITHOUT you...(and the sisters and cousin love.) We are trying so hard to adjust with good attitudes. we love u guys tons! We think about you LOTS (every single day!) and talk about HOME tons.. tell everyone hi! love you.

Kristin said...

That rec center seems fabulous!!! I would be there everyday too! I am so glad you guys are adjusting and I can't wait to see how your flowers turn out! I can't wait to see it all in person!

xoxo

Brooke said...

Your surrounds look amazing! I just read your fire pit posting too. I would LOVE that. How lucky are your kids?? They must be loving their summer there. They seem to be adjusting so well. I think you, as a momma, knew exactly what they needed to do well there and found the perfect place. Definitely.

Good job Tawnz....love you!