Lately,
Ry and I have been putting all of our spare T I M E into
finishing the house.

The unpacking, decorating, organizing....every free second devoted to hanging t.v's, setting up computers, putting up mirrors, direct t.v, installing the alarm, you name it, we have done it.
Lately,
I have missed the flowers.
Besides putting (a lot) of TLC into the yard:
weeding, fertilizing, mowing, we decided to
challenge the bunnies...
bring it on little bunny rabbits. I dare ya....
I couldn't stand it!
I missed the bright happy colors flowers bring!
I put pots all around the yard....
I dare the bunnies to try to eat my beautiful leafs.
(hopefully that can't reach!)
And lately,
(Ashlyn and I's nightly walk....)
we have been getting "used to Colorado life."
I promised myself I couldn't cry for a month. Nope, no tears...over anything. I need to be strong and keep a positive! (especially in front of the kids!) And I have got to say, I only have teared up twice.
the other one was when I saw a pic of all my sisters on the St. George trip..(which I still need to do a post on!)
Here it was:
(aren't we cute?! :)
Just a little "happy cry" ( I call it) moment.
Because truly we are doing so well here! I have met some nice girls, and good neighbors.... we have been so lucky.
BUt it is okay to feel a bit of love for my girls (miss you sissa's!) back home. right?! yup! This is a new adjustment to life!
We now officially live away from home.
We catch frogs in our window wells, we see coyotes in the stream beds, we chase after bunny rabbits in the yard, we laugh at prarie dogs posing on the sides of the roads....
the kids think this place is pretty great.
and of course we go swimming almost every day....it is warm here.
High 80's..Low 90's...
we have had a fab-u-lous time at the pools. I have met lots of girlies there and the kids have met oodles of kids too!

We are adjusting to a life far from family, grandparents, and good friends. It is a new life indeed. One that is such a new path for all of us.
But one that holds moments of remember when's:
"remember last summer we went to the secret pool every day?!, remember last years Thrillin Thursday at the Gateway, remember playing at the mountain house with the Quinn, Lexi, and Coley on the rock......?!"
My kids have loved their life and the memories they hold.
My kids have loved their life and the memories they hold.
Now they will create new ones....
But never forget all the good one's.
But never forget all the good one's.
And lately, I have got to say how lucky I have been....Over the weekend I was invited to a girl's day in Boulder:
pedi's, dinner at Cheesecake, and a chick flick.
We were gone all afternoon/evening.
It was so nice to finally have a break from life and hang out
with some girls....
I had a great time...so interesting to learn all bout these amazing girls and where they are all from, their pasts, their histories...pretty cool girls.
(pedi's at Ten20. so cute. we got little bowls of m$m's with cold diet cokes...big screen watching the Bachelorette!)
I think life will be great here.
It has already had a great start...but of course that goes with saying that
We miss you all every day and cherish each of you!
(and give all the cousins kisses from the Stott's!)
Now off to the Laker & Boston game with the boys downstairs...
"the man cave"
Now off to the Laker & Boston game with the boys downstairs...
"the man cave"
(I'm excited to decorate!)
1400 square feet of football throwing, soccer games, loud t.v's blaring sports...
I can hear them now....off I go!
Love you all!
xo!
and p.s
needed this song, "Dream Big," Ryan Shupe
to get me geared up for a new week!
1400 square feet of football throwing, soccer games, loud t.v's blaring sports...
I can hear them now....off I go!
Love you all!
xo!
and p.s
needed this song, "Dream Big," Ryan Shupe
to get me geared up for a new week!




4 comments:
We miss you so much! So glad to hear you are adjusting so well!
Oh what an amazing post! It is a new life and I am happy that you are already making such cute friends (I knew you would)! And you are so brave for deciding not to cry for a whole month! I cry at least 1 time a day....for reals! Your house already looks like YOU own it...so gorgeous and I love your pots. Give kisses to all the kids! We miss you TONS. Love ya.
Your house looks amazing - inside and out! I hope the bunnies don't eat you beautiful yard!
Miss you still!
aI am so glad that you are posting, I am just so late at reading. I promise to read oftener because I love it. I loved all the "latelys" and I think that all identify with it. It just states how things are for now and doesn't proclaim stuff that will necessarily be true later. You are just talking for now and thats how we all have to take your move. For us all its just one day at a time and we look forward to seeing you all soon! And we tell ourselves everyday that it is soon! Love your house and yard and good luck with the pots and remember they need fertilizer because of the pots!
Love
Mom
Post a Comment