Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The other side.


(our first step into CO. We pulled over and took this pic. We got off I-25 and took the "scenic" route for the remaining 2 hour drive. It was raining hard!)



Hello everybody!


Hi! hi! hi!


Ohhh how I have missed you! really I have.


We are here. We are here in Colorado.


We are on the other side.


Oh yes we are.


I haven't had my computer in 2 weeks.


We have been so busy: the move, sister trip, end of the year school stuff, my kids, living with gma, Fun Run's, and farewells (so many)! And with the movers "misplacing" our modem I haven't had access since we got here..Plus we have been so busy putting the house together we haven't had a second. But today, finally, I am getting back to blogging again.


Tonight after work, Ry surprised me: He walked in with my new computer! yay, he knew I was missing my bloggy and my connection to all of you.

So happy. He set it all up tonight. Thank you!


I am back.


(well sort of).


SO much to do, SO much to say, SO much to blog,


where do I start??? Our journey, our farewell's, our new home...


But still my time needs to be elsewhere with the kids and the new house, so I will take it a day at a time and see what happens.


Meanwhile greetings!


Greetings from one of the most beautiful cities. I am surprised at how much I love the wide open spaces here. It seems like farmland but then within minutes I have access to schools, stores, malls..etc... It is great!




(Mace was a happy boy to have Dad back!!)

I was happy and surprised when we arrived. Only seeing the home once and hoping it was everything I remembered..


And also, my heart already nervous for the kids....a house bought, quickly, a new neighborhood picked not "knowing.."


BUT,


we love it. (so far! that says a lot) And guess what?! I have mountain views!



(walking back to the house from playing hoops)

The kids were so excited to see everything. Oh they were just dying to see their new life on the other side.


We arrived Saturday evening. 7 to 8 hour drive.


We got to the house and the kids ran


and ran and ran around.


They explored upstairs, the main level, the basement, outside, the back deck, in and out they ran....


they were happy.


I was happy (and relieved)


Within hours, Jake and Aus had to find the hoop (50 yards away),





then we had to go straight to the (most beautiful) neighborhood pool, ( We swam Memorial day! It is free with our HOA fee. Workout centers,6 basketball courts, tennis, and two pools!)

(with a lake view!)

Yes the kiddos loved the pool, the hoop, the playgrounds, the lakes (all PERKS to ease the pain from leaving YOU. Salt Lake, our home, our family, our friends.)

(the weather has been great! sunny and 80's every day) Bottom right pic, RY is flying out of the water slides...they loved it.



We also had to find Mace's little playground (100 yards down)

And I have found new running trails! (so many wild bunny rabbits hopping around. cute)




Yesterday we had to drive to the schools, soccer fields, shopping stores, rec centers, the parks, the kids wanted to "see it all."


We have been here for 4 days and it feels like 4 weeks.


I have unpacked for hours and hours, organized, hung, put away, moved....


I am worn out. BUT it's all good!


My house is almost put together. Pics to come later.


Ry and I our happy. We are a family again! 3 months later. We are back together. That was so hard on all of us.


Yes....


It is so nice to be together. It was time. RY and I were more than ready!



I wake up every morning around 6:03 a.m ( the sun rises so early with no mountains in the East..the sun is awake bright and early! that wakes me up! )


and I go sit out on the deck,



and I look out.


It is so pretty.


An entire new adventure awaits.


Exciting, nervous, anxious, and hopeful.


We have RY's best friends living a few houses away.


(who is also an Senior Account Exec at Fidelity)


We drove up Saturday evening and he was mowing our lawn, his cute wife and kids playing in the yard. A great greeting indeed! ( I didn't feel so alone)


A BBQ to follow at their house last night.


It was great.


At least we have one friend! (haha)


Now off to bed, so tired.


More posts to come. I feel so behind. But it will come in due time!


So excited to be back. Missed my blogs and yours.


Loves...

from the other side!
(OH how I miss my girls already!)


p.s do you like my new area rug?! My first purchase.... I love it~
I have hardwood floors everywhere! oh man help!



xo!

12 comments:

Em said...

Tawny- your new place looks awesome! I'm so glad you have some friends to welcome you- even one other family makes it so much better. Here's to more great adventures in CO!

renn mcbride said...

I don't know if I can read your blog anymore. It makes me cry. I'm so happy that you are back. Missed your posts. Everything looks so great in CO. The pool, basketball, playgrounds, running trails all look dreamy. So much to do and so much to explore. The pics are beautiful. I kind of want a new adventure of my own reading about yours. I'm sure your home away from home will be fab. Love that you are a family again cuz that's what matters the most. Loves from utah.

The Gooch Family said...

So glad that things are going so smoothly. It looks beautiful! Best wishes on this exciting time. You are going to love it!

renn mcbride said...

Ps I love your new area rug. Good job girly

Brooke said...

It looks so beautiful there! I WANT the pool. The community looks so fun. I think your kids are going to have a blast! Yes, miss cousins maybe, but with that amazing-nous, and Ry back, I'm sure they'll have a great summer :)

I miss you already, but your place looks great and I'm glad you seem happy and your house looks beautiful! Let's talk soon :)
P.s. check my blog!

emily said...

tawny! your new place looks FABULOUS! (i think we might need to move there...) i'm so glad that everything is going well. when things settle down a bit give me a call so that i have your new phone number!

Amber said...

Tawny, your new house and neighborhood is beautiful! To have the pool, parks, and lakes all so close. I think you are going to love it, and knowing you, you will have a million friends next week. Say hi to the kids. Hugs

tawny said...

Hi guys! I have missed you! thanks for all your sweet comments! yay. xo!

brie said...

oh wow! jealous of the pools and all the parks and beauty there! i'm glad you are settling in and that the kiddos are happy - that's all that really matters. i'm here in slc thinking about you and the kids all the time - missssss you!

Unknown said...

I'm late adding my comments of love and support. Glad to see that things are working out. Everything looks so beautiful. Can't wait to see more on your posts and see for myself. I miss you and your family. You have left a big hole in our hearts. (ps, this is Penny)

Ali said...

Tawn!!! It is soo b.e.a.utiful. You and the kids look so happy, and I know things are going to be so great for you. Ah. I miss you though... soo much already. Tell the kids hi. Love you!

MossWorld said...

Yahoo - you are back! It looks so beautiful there! Miss you guys!