Sunday, April 26, 2009

my spring week adventures

My Spring week.............. was crazy!


It started off with Jan's surprise secret sister brunch at Misty's house. WE do a sister lunch on all of our birthdays to brighten up the day.
We had 5 year old Lani try to take a pic of all of us.....


yeah didn't work.....My face. hah. (Misty you are such a poser!) Amber (far right) hopped out of the pic and took it.

Better! Left to Right Marissa (Jan's 20 yr old!), Brookie, Me, Jan (bday girl), Misty, and Angela in the front...(we missed you Brie, Kristin and Em!)


All the cousins jumping on the tramp on this warm spring day- We L O V E this weather. Misty's house is cool because she has back to back tramps. Looks like an accident waiting to happen, but the cousin's are pro!
Misty just left the "compound" and moved 4 miles away to a new house. It's beautiful. We are all still sad she left us and moved away....Brookie and Amber still live 5 houses away from me so it's good....We can still meet at the stop sign for walks, trade babysitting and go on diet coke runs! (oh yeah!)



Later in the week we had Nat's birthday's dinner. We all went to Texas Roadhouse. Seriously So Divine.

I joke with nat b/c she never eats sugar!! (such good self-control!) Now she is holding two, luscious brownie desserts! You go girl, I was proud of her. But in the end, she had a bite or two and I ate at least one of those entire plates! looooove chocolate. thank you!
WE sat outside the restaurant and talked till almost 11:00 P.M. That is late for mommas....The air was so warm and breezy, we didn't really want to leave. such a nice night. (notice my bare feet...to look shorter in the pic! didn't work though!)





Okay hair time! I finally went to the Salon and did Aveda's #4 red! I normally love my hair but I am kinda missing my highlights for the summer (and I got a little chopped more than I wanted.....oh well! It grows...)

BEFORE /AFTER












We had soccer, soccer, and more soccer. Every night we were going all over the valley. (Gma Penny got to see Aus's game in Provo..yay!) They enjoy it but it gets a little crazy coordinating the schedule's. Ry and I are happy they are finally just playing. It has rained and rained and rained...no more! It's sports time....love it!













They all won their games! Yay.
Jake plays Sandy City. (blue lighting)


Austin Inter Futbol Club.


Ashlyn Sparta United.


Last night we had Jan's surprise 40th. Hugh and Amber planned the whole night! No kids!! yay yay yay. Just adults. That never happens in my family. We have to many babies. But last night was only adults and we had. so. much. fun!
It was great to talk the night away and no interuptions. ahhhhh so nice.


Jan is my OLDEST sis but looks the youngest. She basically raised us all b/c she helped my mom the most. She was definitely the smartest and the peacemaker. She is a great sis and a fab mom to 5 kids! We love her and Hugh and are SO HAPPY they moved from California to be here in Utah. 16 years away from us all. so glad you are back!


surprise! She didn't know we were all coming to the restaurant. It was fun to see the look on her face!


some of the sis's. Angela, Amber, me, Misty, and Kristin! Why do I always look the tallest?!?


Some of the fam! Missing: Greg and CA, Brooke and John, Brandon and Em and Brie and Bran.


and let's not forget Mom and Dad, who are almost home from serving as mission pres's.... 2 more months! We can't wait because they have been gone for almost 3 years! That is a long time! We have missed them so much, we would of loved to have them here with us! soon.soon.



and last but not least, I taught 13 seven year olds in church today. Did you hear me? 13 kiddos..... Can I just say W I L D! (this is a pic of jake at school not at church, but you get the idea!)


When two of the boys came up to me and said, What is ADHD, ya know A D H D?? and then they said, "Cuz my mom says I got A D H D real bad." Then I know class is going to be, well craziness. And yes it was a little chaotic but in between all of the loud was so much good. I taught about the Book of Mormon and how it got translated. From the translation of Mormon, then Angel Moroni appearing to Joseph Smith and then Joseph retrieving the gold plates from Hill Cumorah. We then talked about Joseph translating the plates with the Urim Thummin for all of us to read. When I was finished with my story, you could hear a pin drop and all the kid's faces were looking straight at me. So it felt good to do a little good! (even if I only had their attention for 6 whole minutes!)


Now off to a new week and new adventures!


happy week to all of you!



Rascal Flatts 'This Everyday Love' (I loooooove his voice.)

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Holy cow, you were one busy girl!! All your parties looked fun...but I don't want to hear you calling anyone a poser (Natalie will back me up!) What restaurant were you guys at for your sis's surprise party? It looks great for a big group.

You have a crazy life! It's no wonder you run. Dinner was lots of fun, I agree. BTW, can you email those 2 pics of all of us at dinner? I want to "borrow" them for my blog.

Brooke said...

Wow, sorry I had to miss Jan's party. Looked so fun. I'm glad you posted pics so I could at least see the scene :)

Is that your new calling? 13 wild kids? I love the ADHD part? The kid really said that? LOL

Glad you had a fun weekend. Hope to see you during the week when it's a little less crazy.

Natalie said...

Face it you are the tallest and the biggest liar. I ate half of one and you didn't eat a whole. You ate one or two bites. That was a crazy week. Your sister is as old as my hubby. Thanks for the picture. Now I am going to steal it. It's cute except for me with my arms folded. I was cold. good job in primary. I don't think I would like teaching that many kids, but there was a payoff and that feeling is awesome. I really have two ADHD kids in my house. I know how it feels. Hope to see ya soon.

Laura said...

since Brie never makes it to these functions, can I come in her place? I am not nearly as tall and beautiful, but I promise to be fun!

Robyn said...

So much to say on your spring weeK!

Fabulous Family...
Love our soccer kiddos...
That friend night was one of the best so far, I think I pee'd my pants a little (you are both liars)...and both need to eat more desserts...
Primary is the most exhausting calling...and the best!
Love you much!

p.s. I can almost run, I've been living through your running pictures, so thank you!

Penny said...

Yay for your blog and the nice music too. I lookforward to both and I am exhausted reading of your activities. Wow to the primary thing. Amamzin that you got them listening. Congrats. They will now expect it every week.( I mean a cool story.)