I am feeling a little better today but I am so worried about my race. I missed my long run on Saturday...12 miles. Today was supposed to be 7 miles. This is not good! Meanwhile soccer was cancelled again for my kids!! The kids were DEVASTATED. For reals .no lie. Especially Jake. He looooooves playing his games and he just couldn't take it when we had to tell him he couldn't play soccer in a foot of snow. He was upset and went to his room for awhile, but Ry got him to come out and play soccer with him in our basement. He cleared the furniture and Ry played with all of the kids. They played and played till their little hearts were content again. That took a couple of hours! Ry's a good dad, he had to take care of me and a house full of sad kids!

Ry and I have had some really big decisions to make. So it was good to have General Conference this weekend with the leaders of our church. I love Pres. Monson and feel he is such a blessing to all of us. He married my little brother and he also set apart my parents for their mission. My dad has been able to work with him his whole life with his job as Managing Director of Welfare and Social Services for the church. Our family has been blessed to be able to experience that...I do not take that for granted.
Pres. Monson is wise, insightful, kind, and loving.....it was a good weekend full of great wisdom and great reminders of what we need to do to improve our lives.


The conference center amazes me. It takes your breath away when you walk inside. You can't even imagine how large it is until you look around. It is such a beautiful building and I have been blessed to be able to go many times and sit a couple row back from the front. It holds such a special spirit.
Off to a better week...hopefully I can get better because mom's can never call in sick... We keep it all running smoothly....so cheers to good weather and feeling better!



2 comments:
Good weather for at least two days. It will come and so will your answers. What an eventful week. It will probably be perfect weather for a road trip to AZ. I loved this weekend. Conference is the best. I hope you feel better. Life still goes on when mom's are sick, but look at the weight you probably lost. JEALOUS!!! Let me know what happens this week. I'm thinking of you.
Through it all, your love for Ry and what he does for the family always shines through. I am so happy that you found the "love of your life" and someday you will know how happy that makes your mother!!
Post a Comment