Saturday, July 25, 2009

"This is the Place"



Pioneer Day July 24th!
(Salt Lake temple was completed in April of 1893. It took 40 years to complete the S.L temple.
The temple was hand built with granite rock brought in from Little Cottonwood canyon.
A 4 day walk with horse and wagon..wow!

(real pic taken in early 1900's)

Happy Birthday Utah!

After the death of Joseph's Smith in Cartharge Jail in 1844, the Saints decided to move West to avoid more persecution.
With Brigham Young as their leader, the Mormon pioneers traveled 1000 miles across the treacherous plains
and over the Rocky mountains and finally
arrived at the Great Salt Lake Valley on July 24th, 1847.
Looking over the vast valley Brigham Young declared,
"This is the Place."

Utah was born.


WE love our Utah and take pride in our State.


Here are some pics of our festivities!


Headed over to Brooke and Johnny's for this years 24th party~



Summer night, smokin barbeque's, home made root beer, fireworks, sparklers

~THE.PICTURES.
SAY. IT. ALL~
summer lovin' had me a B L A S T!

No illegals...promise!
(Bill put on a great show!!)
The kids were playing the night away....
Hanging with the fam and watching the fireworks
I love this pic of the kids.
Perfect summer night.

Mace man running around

with the 6 pack.

The classic Jake and Lexi pic!

(they WILL get married someday)

Ashlyn watching over little Jackson

while Emily was with Claire up at Primary's.

Uncle John had the best water/ land roto 6 wheeler-machine!

The kids loved it!
Hit of the night!


Kids looooved Uncle John.

He took them on rides! Jake's pure joy.

RY hangin' out.

Mace and Cade obsessed with their little man chairs
some of the girls

I don't know what we were doing...Amber took the pic!
I love this pic of Misty and Brooke on the 24th last year.
Thanks Brooke and John for a G R E A T night!
You were F A B U L O U S hosts!

(last year pic at Brooke and John's party...)

Love our Utah!

What a night!

Happy Pioneer Day!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Yay. So fun. I love the pictures. I love summer. It is what we wait for all year and we are finally living it up :)

Thanks for coming the other night. It was pretty perfect; however, I am still a little embarrassed about 2 things:

1. Telling the neighbor to turn off the electric guitar because it was ruining our night.

and...

2. Telling Luke that personal stuff about our beautiful bodies that we can't help!

brie said...

loved the pics...the blur with the twilight looked so pretty!

Penny said...

The night was perfect and fun. Thanks for posting a lovely recap but I havae to know who in the heck is "Luke"? And what does he know about your bodies? (I seriously watched jakers and Lexi and they do hang out together, a lot. How lucky they are to have each other!)

tawny said...

umm. nothing! he thought we were twins!!!!! but our shoe size was different. weird boy. huh